Let’s Get Started Check List
Hello students! Are you ready to be creative and innovative? Are you ready to turn your talents and passions into a real business? Before you get started, you’ll want to gather everything in the below checklist:
The recommendation letter, school transcript(unofficial one is acceptable), and application fee payment may be submitted at student’s personal interview should you desire.
- Talk to your parent or guardian. You’ll need permission to participate. You’ll also need help completing the application (and they need to sign it at the bottom). Be sure to have a credit card for the $25 application fee handy, if you wish to pay online. After all, it’s an investment in your future!
- Prepare answers to two of the following three questions (you do NOT need to answer all three):
- Why are you interested in learning about entrepreneurship?
- If you are currently in the process of launching your own business or social movement or if you have a creative, innovative idea for a business or social movement, please describe.
- What entrepreneurial story, either from the past or currently, inspires you? Please describe.
- Write an essay that describes a situation when you demonstrated at least two of the following characteristics held by successful entrepreneurs: persistence, inquisitiveness, self-confidence, tolerance for failure, creativity, innovation, personal initiative, competitiveness, commitment, strong management and organizational skills. (Maximum 300 words.)
To protect your masterpiece, we recommend that you type it and save it to your computer before copying and pasting into this application.
Have you gathered everything on this list? You’re ready to begin!
The information contained in this application will be treated as confidential by the Young Entrepreneurs Academy, Inc. and YEA-Philadelphia and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of, the Young Entrepreneurs Academy and its permitted licensees.